Yoga is a practise by which we can become balanced and united within ourselves, in body, mind and breath. It is one of the most effective antidotes to the stresses and strains of modern day living. Suitable for any age, ability, mobility, gender, state of health – both physically and mentally and all levels of fitness, as it is adaptable to suit all needs.
Chair yoga has been adapted for those with disabilities and limited mobility, injuries and rehabilitation, chronic and acute conditions, mental health, additional learning and emotional needs and for older age groups.
Chair yoga modifies traditional yoga poses so that they can be done whilst seated and utilising the support of a chair. These modifications make yoga accessible to everyone. Many of the basic body mechanics of the individual postures are retained, no matter the stance of the practitioner.
Benefits of Yoga:
- Increased range of functional mobility & stability
- Overcome fatigue & stress management
- Develops, encourages & strengthens balance in both body & mind
- Improved cognitive function
- Improves circulation
- Boost self-confidence
- Learn to manage & cope with depression & anxiety
- Improves concentration & focus
- Develop & achieve better health & well-being, physically & mentally, whatever the existing health issues or restriction.
Improving and benefiting the quality of life for clients:
- To promote good physical & mental health.
- To increase awareness of the importance of exercise & relaxation to physical, psychological health & well-being.
- To bring an improved & integrated quality of life to clients / athletes through the means of an autonomous group who are all working towards a similar goal of health & well-being both physically & psychologically.
Weekly Chair Yoga Classes in Derby along with workshops and one to one sessions across the Midlands and the U.K.